EQUIPMENT AND FACILITY MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR TECHNICIAN
Pavitt Health & Fitness is committed to providing services that support people’s total well-being. The owners, staff, trainers, and instructors represent a group of hard-working, dedicated individuals who enjoy a collegial, team-based environment. Most staff are involved in interrelated activities that support member satisfaction, making good communication among team members imperative.
Pavitt Health & Fitness is looking for an Equipment and Facility Maintenance and Repair Technician who can ensure the proper care of facilities and equipment while working as part of a team to provide a positive experience for our members. This position is directly supervised by the General Manager, and will assist in a variety of areas, including, but not limited to:
- Responsible for daily maintenance of fitness equipment. Fitness equipment includes cardiovascular, weight machines, free weight and indoor cycling equipment.
- Performing repairs and preventative maintenance on gym and facility equipment including; pool, hot tub, sauna, HVAC systems, water heaters and boilers, etc.
- General facility maintenance as required.
- Schedule and execute weekly, monthly and annual preventative maintenance. Keep records. Maintain organized workshop area and inventory.
- Communicate and coordinate with the fitness and front desk staff and equipment vendors.
- Purchase parts and equipment and track warranty related information.
- Be alert for the security and safety of self and others.
- Candidates must be at least 21 years or older to apply
- Knowledge of building skills such as electrical, plumbing, painting, minor carpentry, tile repair and drywall
- Some local travel required
- A self-starter with highly developed problem solving skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage a variety of tasks
- Understand and practice positive customer/member relations
- CPO training and/or swimming pool maintenance experience a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent
Attitudes to Be Exhibited
- Cooperative, positive with an optimistic attitude
- Enthusiasm for the facility and for the job
- Enthusiasm to complete specialized work assignments
- Work as part of the team
- Professional demeanor
Pay and Benefits
- Pay is DOE
- Complimentary family membership
- Discounts on goods and services: food items, nutritional supplements, and personal training sessions
Pavitt Health & Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PHF does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.Read More